Tuesday 23 April 2013

Addiction Continues

I am almost towards the end of the mythological journey of pages, and I must say I have never ever read a book so indulging and captivating. As I am flipping through every chapter, the thought of what's going to happen next keeps triggering inside me. One thing is for sure that the sequels are definitely going to get a place in my tiny book rack. 

So, the novel that made me a book worm is none other than "The Immortals Of Meluha". Yes, the amazing written work by Amish Tripathi. The creator has truly left me spellbound. He made me see this other side of Shiva.

Shiva- The Lover
Shiva- The Believer
Shiva- The Saviour
Shiva- The Friend
Shiva- The Devotee

And as cliche as it might sound.
Last but not the least

Shiva-The Human

The way Amish has portrayed 'The Mahadev' himself as a simple human being is just out of the world. It is hard to believe how can a man who has done nothing extraordinary in his life, a man who is running away from his past can become a saviour of thousands of lives. A man who hardly believes himself becomes a belief of the Meluhans. His character just stirres your soul. The book truly has every element in it; battles, love, friendship, loyalty, history, spirituality.  

This has been one of my best investments so far and as I said before the sequels have a special place in my book rack. 

1 comment:

  1. That's my favourite sequel as well which I had read in recent past. ....

    ReplyDelete