Monday 8 September 2014

Shikhandi And Other Tales They Don’t Tell You-The Beginning

So, I’m finally done with the Shiva Trilogy. Much to my surprise, the third sequel “The Oath Of The Vayuputras” did not match up to my expectations. Even though, it had a few surprises, but to a large extent failed me as an avid reader. Don’t worry, I am not here to give you spoiler alerts (not that are any), but want the current readers to decipher the ending on their own.

A new addition to my collection is author Devdutt Pattanaik’s “Shikhandi And Other Tales They Don’t Tell You”. While going through the jist of the material, I got to know that it’s about queerness. The author has cited examples from the Indian mythology and has explained that how something that is frowned upon in our society now, has been in the pages of our history since ages.

Just a few pages old, I have already started liking his writing style. He has beautifully & very intelligently portrayed the importance of desire, lust & fear. He has kept his thoughts straight, to the point & with minimalistic use of ‘jargon’.


Just waiting to read all the stories that have been ‘forgotten’ with time and hopefully this book would be one of my best investments.

No comments:

Post a Comment