Monday 22 September 2014

Little Women-The Classic

I’m quite proud of myself for I have re-joined the army of book freaks. A new addition to my collection is a classic called Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. An autobiographical representation of Louisa herself & her sisters written in 1869, based in New England. Struggle of 4 sisters & her mother, while their father is fighting a civil war of the nineteenth century. The story unwinds not only the struggle but also different aspects about their social encounters & their rookie attempts to fall in love. After all what’s a classic with a slight touch of contemporary romance, right?

I do have really high expectation from this classic for I’ve heard it’s one of the greatest written piece of art. Now from where did I hear about this book is a little interesting. As a die-hard “Friends” fan, I remembered an episode where Joey places his book “The Shining” in his refrigerator for he is too scared to read it further, so Rachel challenges him to get through “Little Women” as she claims it to be one of the best reads she has ever had. So, yes! That’s how I wanted to go for it & give it a shot.

So far just a chapter old & I already loved the writing as it’s simple yet so descriptive. Honestly, I do not know much about classic novels as I haven’t majorly read old work. So, it would be unfair for me to draw a comparison & judge her piece of art. However, post “Little Women”, I’m sure to devote time to flip through as many classics as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment