Tuesday 6 January 2015

Thank You Ma Pa

I was just reading a narration from the speaking tree website about a brutal tale of revenge in Mahabharata between Pandavas & the Nagas. Suddenly while reading that, I recollected some of my golden days when I used to go to my dad every single night for a bedtime story. We were then living in Noida and my parents had to travel 17kms everyday to work. Unlike today, the commutation wasn’t so easy and they would have to wake up early and catch a chartered bus leading to their destination. Well why I’m giving you this information is because, every single night when I go to him and demand for a bedtime story, he would tirelessly narrate me one. Not even once as much as I remember has he said no to me.

From mythological tales to Thenali Raman’s clever instances, he would go on and on till I felt sleepy. It’s surprising how our parents never get tired of doing things unendingly for us. From the tiniest to the biggest sacrifices, they have done everything to make our lives better. No matter how much we try, we can never ever return their favour and undoubtedly we owe our lives to them. Even though we have the right to live our life our way, but there’s always a subtle way to tell our parents what we really want in our lives. As being our creators, they would always appreciate that we confronted in them and help us achieve our goals.

It goes without saying that our amazing childhood is just in our memory and can never be relived, but what’s important is that we appreciate the little things our parents have done for us & to be there for them whenever needed.


Mom, Dad… I Love you till the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment