Monday 5 January 2015

Did she choose to stay? (If I Stay-Gayle Forman)

I do not usually prefer reading romantic novels as I feel they have too much drama involved in them and they tend to go overboard with love & sweet nothings. However, when my sister who too is an avid reader, suggested If I Stay to me, I was undoubtedly a little put off for I was a little finicky to read it. She did mention that it is not stereo-typically romantic, and I wondered what else could it possibly be. So, I decided to give it a shot & went ahead with it.

To my surprise, I got quite involved in the process of flipping through the amazing novel & felt as if I’m Mia (The main character of the book). Gayle Forman has beautifully written as to how it is to have an out of the body experience & what it’ll be like to decide whether one should choose to stay or pass on when there is no motive or anything left behind in your life. A simplistic novel with characters that came out of the words and became a part of my life, which doesn't happen while I read a dramatic novel.

Now, let’s come to what I deciphered from the book. The value of relationships in one’s life; be it love, family, friends. Everything holds its own place and is important in its own way. We definitely cannot weigh what’s more important to us. I understood that even if there’s nothing left behind, there is still one reason to hold and stay back. Very few people recognize & identify that, and that’s all it takes to realize the sole reason for your survival.

So, guys go ahead and give it a read to get a deeper understanding on relationships & life together. Kudos to Gayle Forman for the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment